Turkey Spinach Meatballs
These oven baked meatballs are fantastic with pasta and a tomato based sauce or featured in a meatball sandwich.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well blended. Form into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a sheet pan. Bake the meatballs for about 25 minutes, turning them a couple of times during baking to allow them to brown on all sides. The meatballs should have an internal temperature of 175°F. when a meat thermometer is inserted into the center.
Move beyond traditional spaghetti and meatballs and serve these delicious meatballs over a bed of noodles with a rich mushroom-based or spicy Arrabbiata sauce. They make a fantastic meatball sandwich, too!
Calories: 217, Fat: 9 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Sodium: 308 mg, Carbohydrate: 10 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 25 g