- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 7 ounces vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomato
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can red beans,
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium heat.2
- Add the diced onions and pepper and sauté on high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble vegetarian ground beef into the onion mix and brown, as you would with ground beef.
- When cooked through, add beans and tomatoes, bring to boil. Simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes, or until thick.
Tips & Notes
Ingredient Note: Substitute ground beef or turkey for vegetarian ground beef if desired, draining the fat after browning.
Serving Tip: Garnish with your choice of brown rice, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, or onions.