- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 7 ounces vegetarian ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomato
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can red beans,
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium heat
- Add the diced onions and pepper and sauté on high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Crumble vegetarian ground beef into the onion mix and brown, as you would with ground beef.
- When cooked through, add beans and tomatoes, bring to boil. Simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes, or until thick.
Garnish with your choice of brown rice, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, or onions.
Tips & Notes
Ingredient Note: Substitute ground beef or turkey for vegetarian ground beef if desired, draining the fat after browning.