Spring Greens Pizza
Total Time: 30 minutes
Baked crust is topped with fresh mozzarella, spring greens and chicken for a delightful twist on traditional pizza.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, bocconcini size
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1 15-ounce can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins or thighs
- 3 cups spring mix lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, reduce 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and reserve. Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, basil, oregano and garlic in a small bowl. Let sit 10 minutes.
- Brush pizza crust with half the olive oil mixture and bake according to package instructions. Slice the fresh mozzarella into thin slices and add to the remaining olive oil mixture. Toss to coat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve. Return the pan to the heat and deglaze with 1 tablespoon water and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar. Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Slice the cooked chicken crosswise into 1-inch pieces and add to the tomato mixture. Simmer until sauce has thickened, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven. Spread the sauce evenly over the crust and top with marinated mozzarella slices. Cut the pizza into four slices and top each with a handful of spring mix. Drizzle each slice with a tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar reduction and serve.
514 calories, 17 g. fat, 56 mg. cholesterol, 555 mg. sodium, 56 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 32 g. protein