Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with Jalapeño Sour Cream
These tasty wedges pair perfectly with roast turkey sandwiches, breakfast hash, or a big bowl of chili.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, washed and cut lengthwise into large wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil and spices. Add the sweet potato wedges and toss until well coated. Spread the seasoned wedges out on a large sheet pan. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, stir or flip the wedges, and bake an additional 20 minutes until browned and tender.
- While potatoes are roasting, mix together the sour cream, jalapeño pepper, lime and salt in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving with the jalapeño sour cream.
These tasty wedges are the perfect accompaniment for roast turkey sandwiches, breakfast hash, or a big bowl of chili; or serve as a party snack.
247 calories, 7 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 136 mg. sodium, 45 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 3 g. protein