Spanish Chickpea and Spinach Tapa
Keep a couple of cans of cooked chickpeas handy, and all you need is a couple of bags of salad spinach and some serrano ham to make a delightful tapa.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 slice serrano ham, chopped (optional)
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, or 2 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir until it sizzles, then add the cumin and serrano ham, if using, and stir for a minute, just until fragrant. Add the drained beans and raise the heat, stirring them over medium high heat until hot, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and salt and toss in the pan just until the spinach is wilted, then serve immediately.
233 calories, 11 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 343 mg. sodium, 26 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 9 g. protein