Soy-Ginger Dinner Salad with Tuna
Spinach, cucumbers, tuna and chickpeas are tossed with a yogurt dressing in this delicious dinner salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, preferably low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 can water-packed tuna, drained
- Place all dressing ingredients in a small- to medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the cucumber and the tomato, and gently stir to coat the vegetables with dressing. Allow this mixture to sit, marinating the vegetables a bit, while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Next, place spinach, garbanzo beans, and tuna in a very large salad bowl or large stainless-steel mixing bowl. Add the dressing and veggie mixture and toss thoroughly but gently to combine.
This salad wows diners with its seemingly complicated flavor profile. Packed with protein and fiber, it can easily be incorporated into your meal plan to get you out of a dinner rut. Add nuts on top for extra substance, crunch and pizazz.
190 calories, 9 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 220 mg. sodium, 17 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 12 g. protein