Snow Pea and Asparagus Salad with Ginger-Cardamom Dressing
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ginger cardamom dressing highlights the fresh flavors of this spring salad.
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 pound snow peas, string removed (or substitute sugar snap peas)
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw or toasted (optional)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Blanch the prepared asparagus in a pot of boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Add the snow peas, tomato wedges, and asparagus and let sit 30 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of Romaine lettuce, drizzled with any remaining dressing and garnished with walnuts.
339 calories, 27 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 308 mg. sodium, 19 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 9 g. protein