Salsalicious Black Bean Soup
Try this simple black bean soup for a tasty and nutritious meal in no time at all.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup store-bought salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- In a food processor or blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, chili powder, and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a medium saucepan and heat through over medium heat, stirring often. Season to taste.
- Ladle into four individual bowls and garnish each with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and sliced scallions.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tips: Add an extra can of drained, washed beans to the pureed mixture while heating if you want more texture in your soup. If you like your soup thinner, add more vegetable broth. Experiment with different salsas to change the soup’s flavor profile. Serving Tip: Garnish options include brown rice, guacamole, shredded cheese mix, pico de gallo, corn kernels, diced jalapeno pepper, and tortilla strips.
Calories: 362, Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 6 mg, Sodium: 186 mg, Carbohydrate: 58 g, Dietary Fiber: 20 g, Protein: 21 g