Raw Beet Salad
This sweet and tangy salad is a delicious complement to hearty main dishes like steaks and burgers (veggie or not).
- 1 pound red beets, trimmed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make the dressing. Add the chopped mint and shallots and mix well.
- Using a mandoline, grater or the shredding blade of a food processor, shred the beets. Add the beets to the dressing and toss well to coat. Let the beets marinate at least 15 minutes. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese before serving.
This sweet and tangy salad complements hearty main dishes like steaks and burgers (veggie or not). Add shredded carrots or Granny Smith apple for a sweeter salad.
125 calories, 10 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 50 mg. sodium, 6 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 4 g. protein