Ravioli and Chard Diavolo
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
Pick your favorite ravioli; this is just as good with beef, cheese or veggie pasta. Sautéeing the chopped chard stems gives the dish a little crunch, and smoked mozzarella adds a deep, smoky richness.
The High Five
- 1 pound frozen ravioli
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems and leaves separated
- 2 cups spicy pasta sauce (Diavolo-style)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella, cut in small cubes
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Boil a pot of water for the ravioli. Cook the ravioli for the recommended time, about 5 minutes, then drain. Chop the chard stems and leaves and keep them separate.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat and sauté just the stems of the chard for about 2 minutes. Add the leaves and stir for a minute, until wilted. Add the sauce and peas and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked and drained ravioli and toss to coat with sauce. Stir in the mozzarella cubes and stir until they start to melt. Serve immediately.
Serve this pasta dish with steamed green beans and crusty bread to round out the meal.
470 calories, 13 g. fat, 40 mg. cholesterol, 1050 mg. sodium, 66 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 22 g. protein