The sweet juicy goodness of plums is concentrated in this delightful cake.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 cups pitted, sliced fresh plums
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9" round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil over low heat until it is just melted, and allow it to cool a bit. In a large mixing bowl beat together
- the eggs, almond milk and melted coconut oil. In a separate bowl, sift together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and spices; then gradually
- add the sifted dry ingredients to the egg mixture and continue beating until fully incorporated. Fold in the lemon zest and pour the cake batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together the ground almonds, honey and coconut oil; it should resemble a coarse streusel. Lay the sliced plums on top of the cake batter, and top with the almond streusel. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Serve this dairy-free treat warm with a scoop of coconut sorbet. Cut in 2-inch squares and wrap in plastic wrap for a special lunchbox treat!
320 calories, 17 g. fat, 55 mg. cholesterol, 220 mg. sodium, 40 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 6 g. protein