Simplicity is the key in this quick and tasty weekday meal!
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup basil pesto (use recipe below or buy prepared pesto)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the tortellini as directed and drain.
- Toss the tortellini with the basil pesto and tomatoes.
- Garnish with the shredded cheese.
- For the pesto: Combine the garlic, basil, pine nuts, cheese, salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil to form a thick paste.
Tips & Notes
Serving Tip: Serve with Caesar salad and crusty bread.