This deliciously simple recipe combines blanched veggies and a fresh tomato sauce for a delicious and colorful pasta dish.
- 2 cups tomatoes, blanched and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and sliced into 1” pieces
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 pound dry pasta (such as macaroni, bowtie, rotini)
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, oil and salt. Set aside.
- Bring a medium sized pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once the water boils, add the pasta and set a timer for 2 minutes less than the cooking time on the package.
- When the timer rings, add the prepared vegetables and cook another 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the burner and drain off the hot water. Add the pasta and vegetables to the tomato sauce and season to taste with salt if needed. Add an additional splash of olive oil if the dish seems dry.
Complement this dish with a crisp Caesar salad, garlic toast or bread sticks.
110 Calories, 4 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 368 mg. sodium, 17 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 4 g. protein