Parmesan Pork Chops
Total Time:20 minutes
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
These crispy, cheesy chops will bring the family to the table, once they get a whiff of the parmesan crust sizzling in the pan. They only take a few minutes in the pan. Just be gentle with them, and use a thin metal spatula to slide under them in the pan when turning, so you don't lose any of that delicious cheese.
The High Five (Four!)
- 6 thin-cut, bone-in pork chops
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- (Optional) For a nicer presentation, French the bones by stripping off the tendons with a paring knife.
- In three bowls wide enough to hold a pork chop, separately place the eggs, Parmesan and panko.
- Hold each chop by the bone and coat with parmesan, then eggs, then crumbs. This can be done up to four hours ahead and chilled. If chops are chilled, let come to room temperature for 10 minutes before frying.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. Fry chops for about 4 minutes per side, turning with tongs. Salt and pepper each side as it is done.
Round out these savory pork chops with well-loved and easy sides like roasted potatoes and steamed green beans or peas. Chop up any leftover pork chops to top a Caesar salad for a quick and satisfying lunch the next day.
340 calories, 15 g. fat, 160 mg. cholesterol, 420 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 35 g. protein