A tasty Parmesan crust dresses up ordinary chicken. This quick and easy main dish is one the whole family will enjoy.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 4-6 chicken breasts, trimmed if needed
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. In another dish, lightly beat together eggs, garlic and parsley.
- Dredge (coat) each chicken breast in the egg mixture and then through the flour mixture. Set aside on a plate until all the chicken is coated.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with the oil.
- Cook each chicken breast 6-10 minutes on each side making sure not to burn. The coating should be golden brown and the chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Per Serving: 219 calories, 9 g. fat, 113 mg. cholesterol, 9 g. carbohydrate, trace of dietary fiber, 24 g. protein, 550 mg. sodium