New Potato and Green Bean Salad in a Spice Blend Vinaigrette
The tender green beans and creamy new potatoes in this gorgeous salad are draped in a custom blend of exotic, curry-like spices infused in olive oil vinaigrette.
- 1/2 pound small new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound green beans, stems removed
- 1/2 cup oil-roasted tomatoes (or substitute 1 cup fresh, chopped tomatoes)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into cubes
- Spice Blend Vinaigrette
- 6 to 8 lemon slices
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut the new potatoes in half. Toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender through. Cook the green beans in boiling, salted water for 5 to 8 minutes or until al dente but still green. Refresh in cold water and drain.
- Toss the beans, potatoes, tomatoes and feta in the vinaigrette. Garnish with lemon slices and mint. (For a little more contrast, fry the lemon slices in a hot sauté pan for about 1 minute per side.)
Recipe modified with permission from PCC Natural Markets.
217 calories, 17 g. fat, 8 mg. cholesterol, 510 mg. sodium, 15 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 4 g. protein