Mediterranean Salad with Blue Cheese
Total Time:15 minutes
Add some heft to your greens with garbanzo beans and blue cheese for a satisfying light lunch or a side to your Mediterranean main course. The raisins add chewy sweetness, and you can always substitute with dried dates, figs, or apricots.
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry arugula, remove tough stems. Place in a serving bowl. Top with tomatoes, garbanzo beans and red onion and toss to mix. Top with raisins and blue cheese.
- Make dressing by whisking garlic, red wine vinegar, salt, and honey, then whisking in the olive oil.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
329 calories, 19 g. fat, 6 mg. cholesterol, 559 mg. sodium, 32 g. carbohydrate, 17 g. fiber, 21 g. protein