Maple Pecan Granola
Making your own granola is easy and so delicious!
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, oil, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract. Add the oats and pecans and mix well.
- Divide the mixture evenly among shallow baking pans and press into thin layers.
- Bake on the center oven rack for 30 minutes. Rotate the pans and stir the mixture thoroughly, then bake an additional 15 minutes. If you like your granola soft and sticky, remove it from the oven now and cool it down. If you like your granola crunchy, stir and rotate once more and bake an additional 15 minutes, then remove and cool.
Tips & Notes
Ingredient Note: If desired, you can add raisins, dried fruit, dates, cranberries, or toasted almonds once the mixture cools.
264 calories, 22g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 16g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 2g protein, 25mg sodium