Mango Jicama Guacamole
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup cubed jicama
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 small scallions, chopped
- 1 pinch chili powder
- Peel and chop the mango and jicama in small, even pieces; sprinkle with a teaspoon of lime juice and reserve.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits; scoop the flesh into a medium bowl. Mash coarsely with a fork, then add the remaining tablespoon of lime juice, salt and garlic and mix. Stir in the scallions.
- Spread the guacamole in a small serving bowl. Sprinkle mango and jicama on top of the guacamole, then dust with chili powder. Serve immediately with chips or quesadillas.
This is a fantastic dish to serve at a party; just double (or triple) the recipe and use a wider bowl or small casserole dish. The crunchy jicama, sweet mango and creamy avocado are a delicious topping for tostadas and quesadillas, too.
150 calories, 10 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 300 mg. sodium, 15 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 3 g. protein