Kale Cranberry Salad
Walnuts, cranberries and a tangy dressing give this salad crunch and the perfect balance of sweet and sour flavor.
- 2 large bunches lacinato kale, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts (toasted, optional)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the kale, onions, cranberries and walnuts n a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, drizzle the dressing over the mixed kale and toss well.
Serve this salad with roasted chicken or turkey, roasted vegetables or red meat, such as brisket.
260 calories, 11 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 390 mg. sodium, 39 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 10 g. protein