Total Time:25 minutes
Servings:4, about 1 1/2 cups each
This super quick, flavorful version of lasagna skips the layering and long baking time.
- 8 ounces whole-wheat rotini, or fusilli
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced white mushrooms, (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, (optional)
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta; cook until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until the mushrooms release their liquid, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spinach and crushed red pepper (if using). Increase heat to medium-high; cook, stirring once halfway through, until the spinach is wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta and divide among 4 bowls. Dollop each serving with 3 tablespoons of ricotta.
364 calories, 9 g. fat, 14 mg. cholesterol, 588 mg. sodium, 55 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 7 g. protein