Hoisin Roasted Cauliflower
This side couldn't be easier to prepare and it's a great dish to get kids and adults to love their cauliflower.
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, washed; florets separated into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Mix hoisin, vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl and pour over cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Spread cauliflower into a single layer on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until just tender, turning the cauliflower after 20 minutes.
Perfect as a side dish to any meat or over wild rice as a vegetarian entrée.
Tips & Notes
This recipe is included in Molly's article, Expanding your Child’s Palate. If you've got kids, invite them to get involved in the preparation. Here's what kids can do:
- Break cauliflower into florets
- mix ingredients
- toss to coat and spread on baking sheet
73 calories, 2 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 201 mg. sodium, 12 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 4 g. protein