- 3 Haas avocados, ripe
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato (seeded)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (one clove)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (half a lime)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
Slice the avocadoes lengthwise, remove the pits and scoop the green flesh (discard any brown flesh) into a bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado pulp to a chunky texture. Add the lime juice, garlic, onion, and spices and mix well. Add the tomatoes and cilantro, mix and serve.
Guacamole is a popular snack with crisp tortilla chips and a common ingredient in burritos, tacos and burgers. Try it on top of chili or inside a grilled cheese with some fresh pico de gallo.
Tips & Notes
Avocados are ripe when they gently yield to a firm push or squeeze. Avoid rock hard or soft avocados. If you make the guacamole more than half a day before its going to be used, put a thin layer of prepared salsa or lime juice on top of the mix to prevent it from turning brown.