This fabulous guacamole is simple to make and is sure to be a crowd pleaser served as a dip or on burgers, burritos or tacos.
- 3 Haas avocados, ripe
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomato (seeded)
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (one clove)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice (half a lime)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced (optional)
Slice the avocadoes lengthwise, remove the pits and scoop the green flesh (discard any brown flesh) into a bowl. Use a fork to mash the avocado pulp to a chunky texture. Add the lime juice, garlic, onion, and spices and mix well. Add the tomatoes and cilantro, mix and serve.
Guacamole is a popular snack with crisp tortilla chips and a common ingredient in burritos, tacos and burgers. Try it on top of chili or inside a grilled cheese with some fresh pico de gallo.
Calories: 190, Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 5 mg, Carbohydrate: 14 g, Dietary Fiber: 9 g, Protein: 4 g