Grilled Salmon Salad with Tzatziki-Feta Dressing
Total Time: 30 minutes
This refreshing salad is made even more so with homemade yogurt-cucumber dressing.
- 1 16-ounce wild salmon fillet, skin on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1/4 of a large head) red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 1/2 large cucumber, seeded and diced
- 6 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Rub salmon with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill, skin side down, and grill 3-4 minutes, then flip and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes. Skin should peel away easily. Remove from heat and let cool.
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, spices, feta, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On each plate, distribute the mixed greens. Top with carrots, red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, corn, and olives.
- Place salmon on top of each salad. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of dressing over each plate.
371 calories, 17 g. fat, 84 mg. cholesterol, 454 mg. sodium, 18 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 37 g. protein