Grilled Salmon with Blueberry Salsa
Total Time:30 minutes
Break the mold with this fruity salsa atop chipotle pepper-spiced salmon.
- 4 4-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the grill. Place the salmon skin-side down on a plate and rub with olive oil, sprinkle with chipotle pepper and salt; let stand.
- In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Stir vigorously, coarsely mashing some of the blueberries to release the juice.
- When the grill is hot, use tongs to swab the grate with a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil. Place the salmon on the hot grill, skin-side up. Let the salmon cook until it has grill marks and the edges look browned, about 3 minutes. Carefully lift each fillet and turn over. Close the lid of the grill and cook about 4 minutes more for thin, wild-caught fillets, longer for farm-raised salmon. When the fish is just cooked through, transfer to a clean platter. Top each fillet with about a quarter cup of salsa, and serve hot.
Cook foil-wrapped baked potatoes and sweet corn on the grill to make this a summer celebration. A patio and a bottle of Chardonnay complete the scene.
260 calories, 12 g. fat, 65 mg. cholesterol, 390 mg. sodium, 7 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 31 g. protein