Grilled Peach and Prosciutto Salad
Grilled peaches are amazingly delicious and are complemented in this quick and easy salad by the savoriness of goat cheese and Prosciutto. For a vegetarian version, simply skip the Prosciutto.
- 2 large ripe peaches, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 4 cups mixed greens, packed
- 1/2 pound thin sliced Prosciutto (or thinly sliced ham)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled (or pine nuts)
Dressing (see Note)
- 1 clove shallot, peeled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the shallot, garlic, mustard, orange juice and zest, honey and red wine vinegar. Blend until smooth. With the blender on low speed, slowly add the olive oil until it is incorporated into the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Lightly brush the peach slices with a little of the prepared dressing. Grill peaches on each side 2-3 minutes.
- On four dinner plates, arrange 1 cup of greens on each plate. Place 2 ounces of prosciutto or ham decoratively around each plate along with 4 slices of grilled peaches. Sprinkle each salad with 1 tablespoon pistachios or pine nuts and 1 ounce of goat cheese crumbles. Drizzle each salad with about 2 tablespoons of the remaining dressing.
349 calories, 18 g. fat, 40 mg. cholesterol, 1689 mg. sodium, 13 g. carbohydrate, 8 g. fiber, 7 g. protein