Goddess Chickpea Salad with Kale
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
Creamy, crunchy and packed with protein, this delicious salad makes a quick and craveable meal. If you have time, make the creamy green goddess dressing from scratch – there’s no comparison!
The High Five
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup packed thinly shredded kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered red onions
- 1/4 cup green goddess salad dressing
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, kale, cherry tomatoes and red onions. Pour the green goddess dressing over the mixture and toss to coat.
- Grind fresh black pepper over it all and mix, then taste and add salt if desired. Serve immediately, or store, tightly covered for up to a week in the refrigerator.
This salad is also delicious wrapped in a tortilla or stuffed in a whole wheat pita. If you don’t have green goddess dressing on hand, substitute your favorite dressing. Try creamy honey tahini dressing for a dairy-free option!
370 calories, 18 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 300 mg. sodium, 44 g. carbohydrate, 12 g. fiber, 13 g. protein