Gingered Broccoli and Tofu Noodle Bowl
Hit all the right notes with this tasty, healthy and effortless dish.
- 1 8-ounce package udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 cup thinly-sliced carrot rounds
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup bottled peanut sauce
- 4 green onions, diced
- In a medium pot, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and sauté for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until it begins to brown and get crisp. Add the tamari, carrots, broccoli, ginger and broth to the pan and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add the peanut sauce, green onions and cooked noodles. Toss well and cook another 5 minutes. Serve warm.
Add a dash of sriracha or a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice up this dish and serve with fresh spring rolls and ginger-soy dipping sauce on the side.
426 calories, 22 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 1374 mg. sodium, 51 g. carbohydrate, 9 g. fiber, 30 g. protein