Fresh Berry Parfait with Muesli Honey Bars
Total Time: 20 minutes active, 1 hour 20 minutes total
A simple and delicious treat featuring berries of any kind, yogurt and muesli bars.
Muesli Honey Bars
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces muesli of your choice
- 4 cups fresh berries of your choice, chopped
- 8 cups vanilla or plain yogurt
- Honey for topping
- For the Muesli Honey Bars: Butter a shallow 11x17-inch baking pan and line with wax paper. In a large bowl set over a pan of simmering water, combine honey, butter, and chocolate, and stir until melted and combined. Remove from heat and stir in all but 1/4 cup muesli. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle and press remaining muesli on top and refrigerate 1-2 hours, until set. Remove from pan and cut into 8-16 bars.
- For the parfaits: In a large glass, layer fruit and yogurt until full. Top with additional berries and a squeeze of honey.
- Push one Muesli Honey Bar into the top of each parfait to serve, or crumble one bar over each parfait.
Calories: 458, Fat: 19 g, Cholesterol: 51 mg, Sodium: 131 mg, Carbohydrate: 59 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 14 g