Festive Cheese Ball
Easy, elegant and delicious, this cheese ball is perfect for any festive occasion.
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (5.2 ounces) Boursin cheese
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and dried (if packed in oil), finely diced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the cream cheese, Boursin, shredded cheddar, and scallions by hand or with an electric mixer. Once well blended, form the cheese mixture into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, parsley, and Parmesan. Remove the refrigerated cheese ball from the plastic wrap and roll in the sun-dried tomato mixture until the cheese ball is well coated. Refrigerate or serve. Resulting cheese ball is approximately 16 ounces.
Accompanied by an assortment of crackers, celery and carrot sticks, and olives, this cheese ball is great party fare (and travels well for holiday potlucks too).
Calories: 227, Fat: 16 g, Cholesterol: 42 mg, Sodium: 464 mg, Carbohydrate: 9 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 13 g