Total Time:20 minutes
Not your average slaw, this golden-hued, slightly sweet, summer favorite punches up the flavor with Indian spices.
- 5 cups thinly-sliced green cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red apples, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shelled peanuts, roasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, lime juice, turmeric, cayenne and curry powder.
- Remove any tough outer leaves from the cabbage, then remove the core and shred or slice the cabbage into thin strips. Add the cabbage and all remaining ingredients to the curried mayonnaise and mix well.
Not your average coleslaw, this golden-hued, slightly sweet recipe compliments Indian-spiced dishes like lamb, or chicken satay. Make the salad up to a day ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld.
Calories: 154, Fat: 7 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 55 mg, Carbohydrate: 23 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 3 g