Cranberry relish is a holiday staple for many. Tangy and sweet, this is the perfect "make ahead dish," as its flavor improves when allowed to sit (in the refrigerator) overnight.
- 1 pound whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 pound Granny Smith apples, cored and finely chopped
- 15 ounces canned mandarin oranges, drained and finely chopped
- 10 ounces canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Pulse cranberries in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer into a bowl and add pineapple, apple, and orange pieces.
- Add honey and spices and mix well. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to develop. Bring to room temperature and mix well before serving.
92 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 2 mg. sodium, 24 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 1 g. protein