Cranberry Biscotti Bites
These festive, flavorful biscotti bites are a delicious holiday treat and keep well for holiday gift giving, too.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 300⁰F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and oil, then vanilla, orange zest and almond extract. Beat in the eggs until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, then stir in the dried cranberries and almonds. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients slowly to form a wet dough. Do not overmix.
- Remove the dough to a floured work surface. Divide the dough into two equal pieces and form each piece into a flat log, about 2" wide and 12" long. Place each log on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 35 minutes, or until just lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 250⁰F.
- Cut the logs diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Place them cut-side up on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes more, or until dry. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
Serve this festive biscotti with strong coffee or sweet Vin Santo wine.
200 calories, 11 g. fat, 25 mg. cholesterol, 75 mg. sodium, 23 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 5 g. protein