Coconut Curry Cod and Veggies
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
This easy meal in a pan can be assembled while the oven heats up, and leaves you with minimal dishwashing chores to boot. A can of coconut milk delivers enough complexity to create a curry sauce with no fuss, and it turns a plain piece of fish into an exciting meal. If your fish filets are thinner than one inch, check on doneness at 15 minutes.
The High Five (Four!)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cauliflower, small florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cod, halibut, salmon, or other fish, about 1-inch thick, cut in portions
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- cayenne, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 375⁰F, and set up a steamer for the vegetables. In a cup, mix the coconut milk, curry powder, cayenne to taste (if using), and salt.
- Steam the cauliflower and carrots for 2 minutes, then let cool.
- Place the fish in a 2-quart baking dish and cover with cauliflower and carrots, then pour over the sauce. Bake at 375⁰F for 20 minutes. When the fish is cooked through and flakes easily when pierced with a paring knife, serve.
Serve this creamy curry atop or alongside your choice of rice, and add contrast with a crisp, cool lettuce salad.
230 calories, 12 g. fat, 50 mg. cholesterol, 400 mg. sodium, 9 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 23 g. protein