Chipotle Black Bean Dip
Christy Morgan shows us how to sneak some veggies into this versatile black bean dip. Nachos just got more nutritious!
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place vegetable broth, celery, and carrots in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer with lid on until veggies are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Place chopped chipotles, 1 cup cooked black beans, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, and cooked vegetables in food processor or blender and pulse, scraping sides occasionally, until well blended with a thick/chunky consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and let cool 20 minutes; this dip is best served at room temperature or chilled.
Serve with tortilla chips, or use as base for a seven-layer dip or taco salad.
Proudly sponsored by Imagine.
35 Calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 55 mg. sodium, 7 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 2 g. protein