Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce
Chimichurri sauce's fresh herbs provide a full flavor sensation for grilled chicken (steak, pork chops & veggies, too!).
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest (zest optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Rub chicken breast halves with salt and pepper. Place on prepared grill and cook 10–15 minutes each side or until meat thermometer registers 165°F.
- Using a food processor or blender, process all sauce ingredients until well-blended. (The sauce is usually chunky, like a pesto rather than smooth, like a puree.)
- Serve on grilled chicken (or steak or mix with grilled vegetables).
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: The sauce is great if prepared the day or morning before using. Serving Tip: Spice up your favorite grilled creation – chicken, steak, pork chops or vegetables – and serve with your favorite summer green salad.
Per Serving: 294 calories, 9 g. fat, 122 mg. cholesterol, 4 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. dietary fiber, 30 g. protein, 292 mg. sodium