Chicken and Tortellini in Pesto
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
Keep a bag of your favorite tortellini in the freezer and a jar of prepared pesto in the pantry and this meal comes together in a hurry. A sprinkle of lemon juice and zest gives it a fresh, bright flavor, even in the depths of winter.
The High Five
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- Salt and pepper
- Boil a large pot of water for the tortellini. Salt the water and add the tortellini and vegetables, and cook according to package directions, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In the same pot, place the drained tortellini and vegetables, chicken, 2 teaspoons lemon zest,1 teaspoon lemon juice and pesto sauce.
- Toss to coat, and stir gently over medium heat just to warm. Salt and pepper to taste, serve hot.
Try swapping out the frozen vegetables for a packet of frozen spinach. Just thaw and squeeze out the moisture from the spinach before adding to the cooked, drained pasta along with the pesto.
510 calories, 15 g. fat, 75 mg. cholesterol, 660 mg. sodium, 64 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 30 g. protein