Chicken and Penne in Cream
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
Cook a couple extra chicken breasts one night, and you are ready to make this quick and delicious meal the next. Cream transforms into a lush pasta sauce when combined in a hot pan with a scattering of Parmesan cheese.
The High Five
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1 pound penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- Salt and pepper
- Boil a large pot of salted water for the penne. Cook the pasta according to package directions. During the last 5 minutes, add the frozen peas. Drain well.
- In the pot you cooked the pasta in, or in a large sauté pan, pour in the cream and turn the heat to medium-high. Add the chicken and stir as the cream starts to bubble, then add the drained pasta. Stir and toss over the heat until the pasta is coated and the cream is becoming thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan and keep tossing over the heat to melt. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with the remaining Parmesan sprinkled over the pasta.
Perfect for a casual weeknight dinner, you can also dress this recipe up for company by serving with a crisp green salad and fresh bread.
530 calories, 16 g. fat, 160 mg. cholesterol, 550 mg. sodium, 54 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 39 g. protein