Breakfast Egg Margherita Pizza
Total Time:35 minutes, 15 minutes active
Fresh mozzarella is a wonderfully sweet, light cheese, one you would never guess is pretty low in fat. Crown it with some eggs, and a classic first course becomes a breakfast winner.
- 1 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup thick pizza sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella (1 3-inch ball), drained
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ounce (1 cup) arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the pizza crust on a sheet pan, preferably a cookie sheet with no rim. Spread the pizza sauce on the crust, then slice the mozzarella ball thinly and distribute over the sauce. Crack each egg and place on opposite sides of the pizza, then sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Bake the pizza for about 20 minutes, until the whites of the eggs are set, and the yolks are done to taste.
- Top with the arugula then cut in four slices and serve hot.
667 calories, 21 g. fat, 243 mg. cholesterol, 960 mg. sodium, 89 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 41 g. protein