Breakfast Burrito Scramble
Total Time: 45 minutes
Start your morning right with this flavorful breakfast burrito filled with eggs, beans, mushrooms, spinach and cheese.
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small green bell peppers, julienned
- 1 small yellow onion, julienned
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat, add mushrooms and cook until lightly browned. Add the peppers, onion, chili powder and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes more until tender. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and a pinch of salt. Heat a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs form large curds. Remove from heat.
- Evenly divide the eggs, spinach, mushroom mixture, black beans, tomatoes and cheese and place into the middle third of each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up. Wrap each burrito in aluminum foil and heat in oven for 10 minutes. Unwrap and discard foil, and serve with sour cream, if desired.
450 calories, 28 g. fat, 452 mg. cholesterol, 556 mg. sodium, 21 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 29 g. protein