Black Bean, Corn, and Roasted Tomato Quesadillas
Total Time:20 minutes
Simple and satisfying, these tasty quesadillas are perfect as an appetizer or lunch dish.
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 10-inch tortillas (or smaller tortillas, if desired)
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar or Colby cheese
- Saute onions, garlic, coriander, cumin, and salt in canola oil until onions become soft. Add corn, fire-roasted tomatoes, hot sauce, lime juice, and lime zest. Saute an additional 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Mash half the black beans and combine with remaining whole beans. Add cilantro. Add bean and cilantro mixture to the sautéed mix and combine. Scoop evenly onto tortillas. Add cheese and fold tortillas in half. Heat in a lightly oiled skillet and cook on each side until golden-brown. Serve whole or cut into halves.
Garnish with scallions, black olives, sour cream, pico de gallo, and/or guacamole and serve with rice and beans.
Per Serving: 381 calories, 11 g. fat, 16 mg. cholesterol, 54 g. carbohydrate, 10 g. dietary fiber, 19 g. protein, 357 mg. sodium