Baby Greens and Beet Salad with Lemon Chia Dressing
Enjoy the fresh flavor of a simple homemade salad dressing atop this seasonal salad.
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 1 5-ounce package baby greens
- 1 small beet, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the baby greens, beets and strawberries with a few tablespoons of dressing. Taste and add more dressing if desired. Top with the goat cheese crumbles before serving.
Tips & Notes
Chia is an ancient "superfood" which contains omega-3 fats as well as protein, fiber, calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. Besides being sold in the bulk department, chia seeds may also be available packaged in Wellness or Grocery.
189 calories, 7 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 239 mg. sodium, 25 g. carbohydrate, 8 g. fiber, 6 g. protein