Baby Back Ribs with Maple-Mustard Glaze
Total Time:3 hours; 30 minutes active
These delectably tender ribs are basted with a simple, luscious, maple-mustard glaze.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 4 pounds baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 275°F. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, paprika, dry mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place the ribs on a large rimmed baking sheet. Rub the ribs with the spice mixture and tightly cover the baking sheet with foil. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. The meat will be tender and easily pull away from the bone. Let cool.
- While the ribs bake, make the sauce: In a small bowl, combine the Dijon mustard, vinegar and maple syrup. Transfer 1/2 cup of the sauce into a small bowl for serving.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill the ribs, basting with the remaining sauce and turning occasionally, until just turning brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with the reserved sauce.
The simplest way to get perfectly cooked fall-off-the-bone ribs is to bake them in a low oven, then pop them on the grill for a final kiss of smoke and fire. If you want to skip the grill, just drizzle baked ribs with sauce, place under a hot broiler for a few seconds and serve with corn on the cob, potato salad or any other ’cue favorite side.
740 calories, 50 g. fat, 210 mg. cholesterol, 810 mg. sodium, 20 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 58 g. protein