Avocado Herb Dip
This super-simple dip is a good one to throw together for hungry kids after school, or for unexpected guests. It's healthy and sustaining enough to take to work for lunch, too.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, fat free or low fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baguette slices, pita wedges, carrot sticks or sliced veggies for dipping
- In a food processor, mince the garlic and tarragon by pulsing and scraping the mixture down until the garlic is finely chopped. Add the avocado, yogurt and salt and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and serve with dippers. Any leftover dip can be covered with plastic wrap pressed onto the surface of the dip to prevent air contact (which causes discoloration), for a couple of days.
This dip makes a great after school snack for kids or as an appetizer. It's easy enough to whip up to feed a crowd of any size.
Calories: 161, Fat: 8 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 422 mg, Carbohydrate: 17 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Protein: 10 g