Asparagus and Bell Pepper Quiche
The fresh taste of asparagus shines in this irresistible quiche!
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pre-made 9-inch pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil, and gently steam or blanch the peppers and asparagus until al dente, roughly 3 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cooked vegetables and cheese. Mix well and scoop the filling into the pie shell.
- Crack the eggs and add them to the bowl. Beat them slightly, then whisk in the half and half and spices. Pour the mixture into the pie shell, over the vegetable filling.
- Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven until completely set.
Tips & Notes
Ingredient Note: Add 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon, ham, chicken, or sausage.
674 calories, 51 g. fat, 62 mg. cholesterol, 836 mg. sodium, 44 g. carbohydrate, 9 g. fiber, 17 g. protein