Artichoke Parmesan Pasta
This quick and simple pasta salad is packed with delicious flavor.
- 1/2 pound pasta shells
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered, drained, and rough-chopped into large pieces
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped olives or chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoons juice from capers
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet and sauté the bell peppers and garlic for 2-4 minutes.
- Add artichokes, olives, capers, and caper juice and sauté a couple minutes more.
- Toss the pasta with the sautéed vegetables and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, basil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Delicious served with green salad and garlic bread. For a non-vegetarian pasta dish, serve with Italian sausage or meatballs.
Per Serving: 232 calories, 5 g. fat, 34 mg. cholesterol, 36 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. dietary fiber, 11 g. protein, 388 mg. sodium