Coconut Curry Cod and Veggies
Total Time:35 minutes; 15 minutes active
This is one of our High Five recipes, made from five main ingredients or less. Simplify your life with more delicious High Five recipes.
This easy meal in a pan can be assembled while the oven heats up, and leaves you with minimal dishwashing chores to boot. A can of coconut milk delivers enough complexity to create a curry sauce with no fuss, and it turns a plain piece of fish into an exciting meal. If your fish filets are thinner than one inch, check on doneness at 15 minutes.
The High Five (Four!)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cauliflower, small florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cod, halibut, salmon, or other fish, about 1-inch thick, cut in portions
Pantry and Kitchen Items
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- cayenne, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 375⁰F, and set up a steamer for the vegetables. In a cup, mix the coconut milk, curry powder, cayenne to taste (if using), and salt.
- Steam the cauliflower and carrots for 2 minutes, then let cool.
- Place the fish in a 2-quart baking dish and cover with cauliflower and carrots, then pour over the sauce. Bake at 375⁰F for 20 minutes. When the fish is cooked through and flakes easily when pierced with a paring knife, serve.
Serve this creamy curry atop or alongside your choice of rice, and add contrast with a crisp, cool lettuce salad.
230 calories, 12 g. fat, 50 mg. cholesterol, 400 mg. sodium, 9 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 23 g. protein