Gourmet Greek Burger
Total Time:30 minutes, 20 minutes active
Topped with a basil, mint mayonnaise, this is flavorful recipe is a great way to change up your burger.
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large russet potato, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces, sprinkled with oil and salt
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 ounces arugula
- 4 Kaiser rolls or whole wheat burger buns
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch each of salt and ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the mayonnaise ingredients together until well blended. Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve the burgers.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Mix the ground meats, cheese, egg and spices together well and form into 4 patties. Grill the burgers and sliced potatoes about 4 minutes on each side until meat is cooked to desired doneness and potatoes are tender. Assemble each burger on a bun with grilled potato slices, tomato slices, about half an ounce of arugula and top with lemon basil mayonnaise.
Carry on the Mediterranean-inspired theme with a sun-dried tomato pasta salad or freshly sliced tomatoes and shredded basil with a drizzle of fruity olive oil.
658 calories, 43 g. fat, 168 mg. cholesterol, 933 mg. sodium, 39 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 31 g. protein