Planning for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving gatherings don’t need to be elaborate or stressful. Whether you’re entertaining a couple or a crowd, your co-op can help you with planning and ingredients, or ready-to-eat holiday meals, pies and sides. Here are a few ideas to get you started!
Set out a tray or two of snacks before the main meal; it’s a great way to welcome guests.
- Fresh dates served with a spiced, roasted nut mix
- Artisanal cheese tray of local cheeses, with fine flatbread crackers and crostini
- Crispy raw vegetables and a selection of dips, like soft chevre blended with herbs, hummus with a swirl of fresh or prepared pesto, or garlicky aioli
- Meat or veggie paté, sausage bites, cooked shrimp and smoked fish with spicy mustard sauce and baguette slices
An alternative (or addition) to the traditional pie makes for a memorable ending.
- Homemade brownies topped with mint or vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
- A selection of chocolate truffles served with freshly-baked cookies
- Warm brie glazed with apricot preserves and sprinkled with toasted pecans or walnuts
How much food will you need?
These general guidelines will help you plan the correct amount of food to make or purchase.
Lots more ideas
Check out our Celebrate Thanksgiving collection for recipes and entertainment ideas and turkey roasting tips! Here’s a sampling of some of our recipes: